JEA Psychotherapy & Counselling (JEAPC) is a registered NDIS provider for Therapeutic Support. Our staff comprises of Registered Counsellors and Psychotherapists providing NDIS therapeutic supports, individual therapy, group therapy, well-being services for those receiving NDIS funding, and their family members.
At JEAPC our therapeutic supports aim to assist our participants to gain skills and improve independence related to identified needs in areas such as communication, interpersonal interactions, community living to support positive changes in the person’s functioning, development and well-being.
JEAPC will assist you to develop a personalised person-centred plan. This will include tailored supports and pathways taking into account your needs and ways to assist you to reach your aspirational goals. We encourage and listen to you – identifying the supports you need to live life your way.
JEAPC also offers a range of comprehensive therapy services to suit all ages, abilities and aspirations. We support you to identify your individual goals and assist to work towards achieving them.
- Personalised programs tailored to your needs
- Develop goals with you and the people important to you
- Develop an action plan about how we can best support you
- Provide support and strategies to assist you to reach your goals
- Work with you to evaluate your progress
JEAPC Blocks Of Therapeutic Supports
VOCATIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES
- Counselling support
- Vocational guidance
- Career planning and coaching
- Assistance to manage stress and anxiety
- Strategic goal planning
- Confidence building strategies
- Positive behaviour support strategies for parents/caregivers and staff
- Motivational interviewing
Therapeutic Supports Skills & Development
JEAPC therapeutic supports offer skills development, training and psycho-educational sessions at your location or at our office, in groups or individual sessions. Below is a selection of the workshops and training programs we provide:
- Depression, anxiety and stress management
- Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) based interventions to address motivation, vocational counselling and other issues
- Motivational interviewing-based interventions to address motivation, vocational issues and others
- Vocational support
- Extensive interviewing techniques and micro interviewing
- Promoting boundaries and self-management at work
- Positive behavioural planning
- Crisis debriefing
- Bullying and harassment management
- Demystifying mental health diagnoses
- Working with drug and alcohol clients
- Dealing with triggers and trauma
+ Positive behaviour support
+ Interpersonal interaction and social skills
+ Music and Art therapy
+ Early intervention
+ Appropriate referrals
Therapeutic Supports At Home And In The Community
JEAPC therapeutic support services assist those who have acquired intellectual and physical disabilities as a result of catastrophic injuries and their family. We support people in their homes and to also take part in their local community.
- Personal assistance
- Domestic services
- Joining in community activities
- Social support
- Training and psycho-education
Drop-in Therapeutic Supports
JEAPP drop-in therapeutic support offers the individual participant and/or the participants and family or the participant’s family the support in their place of abode instead of travelling to our office depending on the client’s needs and preferences. Working with clients from their own known environment can enhance participation and reduce anxiety. So whether you live in your own home, or in supported accommodation let us know what you prefer.
Recreation and leisure are an important part of life as it is enjoyable, good for your health and wellbeing, satisfying and rewarding. As therapist(s) I/we focus on the clients’ lifestyle and help develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to continue to independently participate in the recreation and leisure interests they enjoy at home and in the community. This may be by access activities run by JEA Psychotherapy & Counselling (JEAPC), or by accessing community programs.
JEAPC Recreation Activities:
- Art therapy – painting, drawing, sketching, etc.
- Music therapy – teaching/playing guitar, piano, singing, etc.
- Therapeutic walk/bushwalk
- Games: Golf, rugby, soccer, tennis, table tennis, badminton, etc.
JEAPC Therapeutic support services are always professional, reliable and focussed on positive outcomes.
Get in touch to discuss what supports you need and to explore the available options, please contact us for an informal review of your needs.